The first thing most people will notice is that wastewater has backed up in a drain in the bathtub or shower. This can be a result of any of the following conditions:
• Blockage in the drain line between the house and holding tanks.
• Collapse of one of the tank lids.
• Collapse of the drain field.
• Blockage within the aerobic wastewater treatment system or distribution line.
• Aerobic system pump failure.
• Aerobic system has been overloaded by too much laundry effluent, leaking toilets, too many houseguests, tap left running, etc.